Friday, May 2, 2008

Welcome to the Idea Exchange!

So, I got together with a couple of friends last night for a much-needed break, and I had an inspirational flash this morning as a result. As we were talking last night, I mentioned that Pete and I struggle to no end brushing Spencer’s teeth. He screams, clamps his teeth shut and we end up literally holding him down and all four of us (McKay sits by and stares) have 3 or 4 minutes of misery in the name of oral hygiene.
My friend Natalie volunteered that when she brushes her little girl Ivy’s teeth, Ivy brushes hers at the same time. Spence and I tried it today and holy cow! It worked! After calling Natalie to thank her for her profound wisdom, I had a lightbulb moment. What if there was some way for we moms to exchange ideas about Mommy-ing?
I want this blog to be a place to post a problem or concern, but also to volunteer solutions. Maybe I’m struggling to get Spencer to let me dress him, or McKay is teething and won’t sleep. (Can you tell these are real problems?) I’ll post my question, and then some mom out there who has dealt with that exact problem can respond with an idea. And while I’m on the blog, maybe I can notice that someone else can’t get her kid to sit still through storytime and I can recommend some technique or book that might catch her attention.
I want ideas about baby and kid products, recommendations or reviews on parenting books and books for kids, ways to stay sane, ways to teach, ways to play with our kids, which, interestingly, can be the most challenging of all. I want it to be a place where we can go and not worry about being judged, and just ask a question and get some help from moms we trust.
I hope it can be a help to moms out there that may struggle, as I do, to figure things out. Let me know what you think!
Love,
Chrissy

7 comments:

Teri said...

LOVE THIS IDEA! Thanks for including me...don't know how much wisdom I have about parenting...probably will be doing most of the asking for help!

Shelley said...

Great idea Chrissy!! This will be a great resource for us all! Thanks for creating it, and thanks for an awesome time last night!!!!

The Evers said...

Chris, this is a fantastic idea I love it! Thank you for including me. I will give any input I have that I feel is valuable to others! You are such a cute mama!

Court and Britt said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Court and Britt said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Court and Britt said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Court and Britt said...

Ok so I didn't mean to have my comment show up 3 times!! Anyway, thanks for the invite to the blog, I think that this is a GREAT idea!! Mothering is SOOOO hard.