Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Playgroup Ideas, Please!

Sorry to the Mommies who this doesn't really apply to, there are just a lot of Moms that it does apply to, and it's far easier to do it in bulk! - So, I'm doing it anyway!! tee hee!
OK, first off, I'm going to be gone next week (Hi! It's me, Michelle) and I'm wondering if someone wouldn't mind heading up the playgroup for Wed. May 28th. Plan whatever you want, I'll forward the email list... post here if you're interested or email me...
OK, secondly, I'm wondering if there are places you all would rather go this summer. There are quite a few splash parks and other cool parks we can go to, but I'm obviously not the all-knowing park guru. I think it would be nice to do a lot of water activities since it is always so hot in the summer, but I like the plain ol' park too! If there are any places you would like to go this summer, post it up. Also, I'm not sure how far you all are willing to travel. Janette knows a cool park down off of Belleview with a train and a creek and some other fun stuff but it's kinda far. I'd love to have a park day down there. There is also another one off of Broadway and the C-470 (So-o far, I know!) but it's awesome and fun. OK, I didn't want this to be so long, if you got this far, thanks for reading my ramblings!

4 comments:

Cam and Chelle said...

I'll post the parks we've done in the past that have a water feature:
Greenway Park (The sandbox park)
Founder's Fountain (The Pyramid)
Splash Area at Northfield
Great Plains Park (Off of E-470 and Jewell)
Splash Area at the Nature and Science Museum
Here are some other options with a water feature:
Belleview Park (With the Train)
Civic Green (In Highlands Ranch)
Aurora Reservoir ($5 per car, all day)
The Shops at Lowry has a splash area in the center somewhere...

There are a bunch of great parks, too. Any ideas? Pretty Please?!!

The Carlson Crew said...

I totally grew up with Belleview Park and definitely don't mind the drive (once in a while). Spence and McKay and I vote for the water activities...it's just too hot in the summer to go to the park in the middle of the day.
Can some of the girls that live in apartments let everybody into their pools for a swimming day? I'm not sure how that works.
We also love to do storytimes, or on a hot day, there is the Buckley Air Museum. That's fun and only a couple of dollars. We also like the Littleton Historical Museum. It's way down there (almost to Santa Fe) but is free and has two working farms. We like to go see the animals there. And we wouldn't mind just doing a little splash pool at someone's house. We could have it here, but our backyard is microscopic.
Thanks, Michelle, for all you do in planning the playgroup activities. We love them, and are grateful for all your work and creativity!
End of novel.

Cam and Chelle said...

OK girls! Julie Wheeler volunteered to do the playgroup at her house this coming Wed. We're setting up a slip n' slide, more info to come in your emails!

Teri said...

I just wanted to give a shout out to Michelle too, Thanks for taking time out of your busy schedule to plan fun days for all of us! Sorry to say I will miss playgroup the next 2 weeks and movie day as well...we are headed out of town! We will miss you guys...have fun with out us!