So, I along with a few others have trouble getting all more chores done without avoid my kids for the day (or part of it anyway). So, I've tried to include Logan in chores without making him feel like all he does is get commands and is expected to do them or else. Also, I tend to get grumpy if my house isn't clean but I also get grumpy if my kids whine all day and if I'm cleaning house they whine. So, here are some solutions to get things done but still hang out with the kiddos.
1. Laundry Basketball: I start the washer and Logan throws the clothes in. Great success.
2. Dishwasher Duties: Logan loves to help unload the dishwasher. He has his areas of expertise (forks, spoons, serving utensils, and tupperware). He knows where things go and it is starting to be a help!
3. Making Beds: We see how strong he is by how many pillows he can lift and throw onto the bed for me to arrange. We play another game where he pretends he's sleeping on the pillows on the floor and I get to snatch them. Kind of dorky but fun.
4. Cleaning Bathrooms: While I scrub everything down I give him a few wipes and let him feel like he is scrubbing things down too. It keeps him busy, just keep an eye on the real cleaners.
5. Dusting, Vacuuming, etc: I let him do it. It doesn't take long before he is bored but he LOVES to help.
So, there it is. Chores definitely take longer but by noon when we are done he is exhausted, ready for lunch and takes longer naps. I have had to learn to be super patient (I like to hurry up and be done) but I've realized that I'm not only playing with him but teaching him to work. When we have had a major day of chores I try to plan or do something really fun that he can be a part of. Making cookies are always good, so are puzzles, games and stories. These are things we do a ton of but I really try to focus on the kids instead of my 'other' projects when we have had such a busy morning.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Excellent ideas! I love the laundry basketball. Will Logan actually push the vacuum cleaner around?
really great ideas!
wht time do you get up in the morning?
Post a Comment