Tuesday, May 13, 2008
Structure Anyone?
Hi friends I am Kelly. Chrissy's friend from high school! Well I thought I would join in on the action and ask if you all have any ideas for structured activities for kids, specifically toddlers? I have realized that my child likes structure and needs it as well, but I am horrible at figuring out ideas and how to switch up our routine! I am sure there are some of you out there that are superb at not letting television raise your child, and I am wanting to change and be more like you! I do like TV though :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Kel, you already know this about me, but we try to have an outing every day, even if it is just to the grocery store or a walk to the park. There is a post called "playtime" or something, if you scroll down that has a TON of great ideas for playing games.
One thing Spence and McKay and I are starting to really get into is Playdoh. Is Elle a fan? And of course, anything outside is good. And don't you and Elle cook a bunch? I would like to do that more, but since I hate cleaning, I hate the mess it entails!
Thanks, I did not see that post. Elle loves playdough, she just eats it way too much :)
On the subject of Play-doh, they sell it at the dollar tree in packs of 8 (I think) It's so cheap that if the colors get mixed or the doh dries up, you can just replace it!! OK, I know after a while the dollars add up, but hey, don't judge me, I let Jace mix the colors!
I've found just simply playing with them helps and you don't really have to branch out too far from your routine. For example, we will sit and do puzzles, read stories, play games (there are some really fun kids games at Wal-Mart that they may not totally comprehend but you can teach them basic game skills; taking turns, sharing, etc), coloring, and for a special treat we do something really exciting like making cookies or something cool like that.
The biggest thing with my 2-year old is spending time with him. He could care less if I come up with something over the top everday. He just wants to play. Hope this helps!
Post a Comment