Tuesday, May 20, 2008

My Current Dilemma

Okay, this question is for all of you moms out there that have already dealt with this problem.

How do you chase after a 2 year old (or toddler, for that matter) while pregnant! Long story short, but I ended up chasing Morgan almost completely across the grocery store last night because my back hurts and I can't "run" after her, and her little legs are getting fast!

Normally, she stays locked up in the cart, but I took her potty, and then she was free!

Help! I'm getting too sore to do this regularly!

3 comments:

Natalie said...

All I can say is: Gotta keep her in the cart. She can't have the option of getting out! If she does you're sunk!

Carie Annie said...

Yeah I agree with Natalie and it doesn't get much better when the are older, sorry :(

I "try" to enforce the rule that if they don't stay by mommy at the store then they don't get to go to the store.

Anyway, long story short I don't go shopping anymore, at least not with all 3 kids. Daddy does grocery shopping on the way home from work, or I do it late at night all alone.

The Carlson Crew said...

Carianne, you are a brave woman to ever do the grocery store with 3 kids!
My technique works occasionally. Spencer's rule if he chooses to walk is that if he can't stay by the cart, he has to ride in the cart for 2 minutes without crying. But I usually have to be very patient dealing with at least one fit and lots of explaining when he inevitably ends up in the cart.
We learned that if you have your kids close enough together, and the older is slow to reach milestones, the older one isn't even walking when you're pregnant. :) But then you are carrying a 25 lb. toddler everywhere.
I think it is just inevitable that you are going to do a little chasing.