Thursday, June 5, 2008

Something Kinda Cool

So, we were in Arizona last week and I was talking to my sister-in-law about keeping up the kids' scrapbooks. She thought I was all caught up on both and I kindly informed her I don't even have Logan's ultrasound pictures done! Shame shame I know. Anyway, she's not a scrapbooker at all and gave me this BRILLIANT idea that I thought I'd share. So, she has a small notebook and pen in her kitchen drawer (you know, the junk drawer that everybody has but nobody talks about). When her kids say or do something cute or funny she writes down their name, date and age and what it was. She says it is a blast to go back through and read and the kids LOVE hearing stories about themselves. I think I'm going to start this now that Logan is talking more and somewhat clear (to me anyway). Just thought I'd pass this on!

5 comments:

The Boring Family said...

Great Idea!!
I've also heard to keep a hand-held tape recorder (or whatever cool digital gadget will do it these days) close by so you can get those cute little things they say.

Carie Annie said...

Great idea! I write my funny kids stories down on the computer but a handy notebook in the kitchen... this could be very useful!

Natalie said...

That is a good idea! I always have the intention of writing it down later, but never do. The kitchen is a great place to keep a notebook!

EMILY said...

what a fun little blog you have here!

Cam and Chelle said...

My sis-in-law has a little recipe box full of notecards with tabs to separate each child. It's nice because it's a cute box and sits out where she can see it (Kinda like a coffee table book)