Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Pool time

I am a HUGE advocate of swimming in the summertime, and I LOVED taking Spence last summer when I was so pregnant. Can anyone give me any tips on how I could manage my two toddlers in the swimming pool this summer? I really want to go, but I can't figure out how to make it work with both of them. Do you think it's realistic to try to hold them both in the pool? Or do I get to floaty things? Do they even make floaty things for kids over 30 lbs.? Help!

4 comments:

The Boring Family said...

I was just at the GVR pool today with Morgan, and there was a mom with 2 kids that made the rule that they can't go in the "big kid" pool unless daddy was with them (which he wasn't). So, she sat in the water while her two kids played in the 1-2 ft. deep pool.

Cam and Chelle said...

Chris, I think your kids did great today! I think if you put arm floaties on Spence and make it a rule that they can't come off till you're in the car, that might help, but a floatie with a bottom would help too, we got ours at W's!

Skinners said...

Great question. I'd love some alternate solutions to this as well! The only ones I came up with is A: leave Chloe at home with dad but that doesn't really work because dad isn't home during the day or B: wait until dad comes with us but that doesn't really work because of not being home and he doesn't like to swim. Kiddie pools sound great though! Maybe we could tag team 'em!

Carie Annie said...

I use floaties with my kids!! It really frees up your hands and you can all go in the deep water, it saves me from so much stress.

Get the infant floaty with the bottom seat! There're pretty cheep at walmart. I think they should hold 30lbs pretty good, if not my mom has these really cool ones that I know fore sure will hold that much, and I'll ask her about where to get them if you want.

my older kids don't like water wings and won't wear them, so they swim with floatie tubes from the dollar store.