Saturday, June 28, 2008
Pregnancy Sickness
I have had three or four friends ask me about this lately, so I just thought it might be helpful to have some general advice from everyone about this. It seems like almost everyone experiences this to some degree, and if you don't, you should have 35 children. Just kidding. Anyway, any advice for those in the early stages of pregnancy who are feeling sick all the time?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
I heard that if you eat some good protein before you go to bed it helps out how you feel in the morning...I was really sick with Kennedie and so later on in my pregnancy I tried eating a piece of toast with peanut butter just before I got into bed, I think it helped out some. With Andrew I wasn't as sick but I would still have peanut butter toast before bed sometimes!! Ginger is supose to be good for morning sickness too! So maybe gingersnaps? I think somethings work for some people and not for others but they could try some of these ideas. They aren't the most scientific but they worked for me....
If you can stand the taste, real, all natural ginger ale. It really helps. Also putting a thing of soda crackers by your bed and before getting up in the morning have a few crackers while still laying in bed.
With Morgan, anything was a hopeless cause, so I was sick for 9 months (and swore I wouldn't have anymore kids because it was miserable--well...). This time around, I talked to a lady in my home ward who is an OB/GYN nurse and she told me about the "Pregnancy Cocktail". It's a Unisom and 50 mg. of Vitamin B6 before bed every night. IT IS FABULOUS!!!! I can tell the difference between the days I take it and if I forget.
Between my nightly cocktail and a snack before bed, this pregnancy is definitely MUCH better!
Great idea Chris! I am in the depths of hell with all day and night sickness right now. Nothing has helped. My dr got me a prescription for anti nausea meds, I dont know if it is helping, but they also said you could take dramamine.
I would chew on candied ginger and drink ginger tea.It seemed to calm my stomach.
Post a Comment