Monday, June 16, 2008

Sleeping Troubles

I shared this with Courtney Skinner last week, in hopes of helping her get her kids out of her bed in the middle of the night. Brian and I have been slacking lately and letting Morgan come in because we've been too tired to argue (I know she's barely 2 this week and we don't want to fight a 2-year old? It's sad.) with her and want our precious sleep. So, as of recently, Brian goes to sleep in Morgan's bed when she comes to ours, and I decided I needed to put my foot down.


Almost without thinking, I told Morgan that Mommy's bed wasn't an option when she wanted to come in in the middle of the night. I gave her options (like you're supposed to do with a toddler so they feel that they have a say in the decision). She could sleep in her bed, or she could sleep on the floor in the family room. I then explained that Mommy and Daddy were going to bed in our room. She chose the family room floor without hesitation and laid right down and slept all night! In fact, this is how I found her early the next morning:



While I'd still prefer her to sleep in her own bed, this is a step in the right direction. She's out of my bed! I hope this helps anyone who is trying to reclaim their bed!

No comments: