
I know that right now with the way that the economy is going and the rising gas prices we are all trying to find ways to save money. I generally buy Costco or Sam's club brand diapers in an effort to save a few dollars, but recently I have been buying NOTHING BUT PAMPERS and I'll tell you why (you probably already know, especially if you are an Oprah watcher)...
(Visit www.pampers.com to find out more)

The U.S. Fund for UNICEF and Pampers are pleased to announce the launch of the “One Pack = One Vaccine” international initiative to protect women and babies from preventable disease. The campaign, which began two years ago in the UK and expanded in 2007 to other countries in Western Europe and Japan, has helped provide UNICEF with funding for more than 25 million lifesaving tetanus vaccines.
For every specially-marked pack of Pampers Swaddlers Sensitive, Swaddlers, Cruisers, and Easy Ups diapers and Pampers Sensitive, Swipers, and Clean ‘n Go wipes purchased in the U.S. and Canada from April 7 through August 31, 2008, the Pampers brand will donate 5¢ to the U.S. Fund for UNICEF to provide one tetanus vaccine to a woman in the developing world.* The goal for the U.S. campaign is 45 million vaccines, which would bring the total global donations to more than 70 million vaccines.
***I think that this is an amazing cause. I know that 5 cents doesn't sound like much, but just think for every specially marked pampers item that we purchase we will be SAVING A LIFE!! I don't mind one bit spending a few more dollars on diapers when I know that it is going to help children and mothers in need. Can you even begin to imagine living in circumstances where you couldn't provide a safe and healthy life for your children, where famine and disese are a normal part of life? When I think about these mothers I am humbled and feel incredibly indebted to my Heavenly Father for my abounding blessings!! How blessed we are to live in this amazing country. Tonight I will hug my children a little tighter and remember all of the things I am graeful for!!
1 comment:
Thanks Britt! I too think this is very cool! I dont know if you already know about this but inside every package of pampers (also wipes) they have a sticker. If you enter the sticker number/letter at pampers.com in the points section every two points you can donate to UNICEF as well! We have been putting these points in since Elle was a baby and had like four hundred something. I always thought I would buy something cool one day, and then saw that they were doing this! I was very excited!
Post a Comment