Friday, August 1, 2008
Ween
I'm not talking about the musical group, I am referring to Penelope's lovey. If you've done this before, I'd love to hear about it. I want her to feel accomplished as she makes her break. I guess I am fine if she has it at night time and/or naps, but no more future LA (Lovey Anonymous) member stuff. I could always go running to a parenting book, but first-hand knowledge of practical application from moms I love and respect is invaluable!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Here's what we did with Bunny. I did it in steps. First, Bunny was allowed to come in the car, but had to stay in the car seat while we went inside (to the store, church, etc.). Step Two was a few weeks later, after we had successfully accomplished step one. This was reminding her everytime before we left that Bunny wanted to take a nap. I'd ask her if Bunny wanted a nap on the couch or on her bed. Then Morgan would "tuck Bunny in". Now, it's not even a hassle, because she knows that Bunny stays home when we go. Hopefully this will help. Basically, I just set some ground rules and gradually worked her into them. Good Luck!
Maybe a sticker chart she can add stickers to all by herself? Somehow my kids haven't formed attachments so I'm not sure. When we got rid of Jace's binkie (2 yrs) it was a process, only naptimes and bedtimes, then only bedtimes, then he got a sippy of about an inch of water instead, till he didn't want the binkie anymore. He would see the binkies in a drawer every once in a while and pop one in and laugh and say 'I love my binkie', but eventually he lost interest.
Post a Comment