Saturday, August 30, 2008

Recipes

Hey guys! Help!!! I need super easy tried-and-true recipes that I can make in the morning or, or the night before and then just have to throw them in the oven when I get home from work. I'm also on a little bit of a health kick (let's see how long this one lasts), so the healthier the better! Feel free to throw out any healthy lunch ideas you may have too. Thanks!

4 comments:

Cam and Chelle said...

I have a few yummy ones, a crock pot one, etc. I'll just email you... anyone else can email me and I'll forward it if you're interested! chellebirch@gmail.com

Kelley said...

I love Courtney's super-yummy, fast, light, versatile green chili pork roast. here's how we make it:

1-5lb. pork roast, fat trimmed off
1/4+ c. h2O
2-3 cloves garlic, minced
1 large onion, chopped

Place in crock pot for 8+ hours on low. Once it starts to fall apart, shred with fork in crock pot, season with salt, pepper, oregano, cumin, garlic powder, etc. and add a frozen container of green chilies. These are in the frozen food section with the Hispanic foods. I use one large container. You can mix it up and get two smaller ones- one mild & one hot.

I add the the seasonings and chilies about an hour before I serve it. Serve with chips, tortillas, as a burrito, taco, whatever. Delicious!

Natalie said...

Thanks guys! Michelle, we had your Pad Thai yesterday and it was fabuloso!

Kelley said...

check out the greenvalleyrecipes.blogspot.com site for some good ones.