Monday, August 18, 2008

What do you do...

...to teach your 2-year old to NOT bite her newborn sister?

Yesterday, Morgan was leaning down to give Sadie what we thought was an innocent kiss on her head. Moments later, Sadie is SCREAMING, and Brian looked at her head and Morgan had bit her! I mean, tore skin on her forehead, bit her. Of course, we went through all the usual steps of timeout, talking about it, apologizing, etc., but what will it take for Morgan to get the picture that Sadie is fragile?

2 comments:

Skinners said...

Logan started biting a few weeks we went to Arizona. I know this is mean, but I would bite him back. Seriously, it only took like twice before he realized that it hurts and isn't fun.

The Carlson Crew said...

It must be an age thing, because Spencer bit McKay at Target on Monday. I just was so shocked, and showed it. Spencer had a time out in the cart, and though I'm sure the other shoppers didn't appreciate hearing him scream the rest of the trip, he seemed really upset that it had happened. I think they're just testing...they don't know what will happen.

Good luck!