Halloween is around the corner...does anyone have cute costume ideas? I'm looking for something for my two and one-year-old boys, who are about the same size.
I think we are doing a Speed Racer thing... not sure, it could always change! To like, Guitar Hero characters or something... As for your boys, Batman and Robin would be cute, or some other duo!
My First Piano Adventure, by Nancy and Randall Faber
For those of you considering piano lessons for your kids, here's my recommendation on the very first book to buy. This is a fun, colorful, entertaining and SIMPLE book, that you could sit down with your child and work through. You really don't need much musical skill at all.
I would recommend doing this before enrolling your child in piano lessons. And I would not enroll your child before they turn five. Even if your child is a genius with the attention span of a twenty-year-old. I also would recommend that you start this around age 3 or 4, and if you start it before the child's fourth birthday, do not attempt to have regular lessons together. Just make it something fun the two of you can do together in a very relaxed and informal setting. This will develop their musical ear, and help them see that music is fun and exciting. Spencer is getting this book for Christmas as his "educational" gift.
Parenting Book Review
Again, any of you who have volunteered to review a book for here, just email me and I'll post it. Supernanny: How to get the best from your children by Jo Frost This is a reference on everything from baby care to toilet training to discipline techniques and sleeping problems. I love Supernanny, so we refer to this often, and it has really saved us a couple of times. I like her philosophy because consistency, discipline and love seem to really work for my kids, but they take a lot of work. The book helps me keep the perspective of the big picture, not that I'm necessarily trying to put band-aids on little problems that come up, but that we're trying to help form little personalities that can be successful in life. We like this one.
Mommy Moment
Is there anything better than watching a one-year-old fold their arms and bow their head, babble for a second, then throw their arms in the air and shout "Amen!" before clapping for themselves?
Children's Books We Currently Love
The Eric Carle Books (The Very Hungry Caterpillar; Brown Bear, Brown Bear)
2 comments:
I was thinking about stealing Courtney's idea from last year and making scrubs. Except we would have to be doctors instead of dentists, you know.
I think we are doing a Speed Racer thing... not sure, it could always change! To like, Guitar Hero characters or something...
As for your boys, Batman and Robin would be cute, or some other duo!
Post a Comment