Just thought I'd share a little moment we had. I know, I know, I have these way too often but I found this one has helped me the most. The other day, Logan was a GEM in the morning but a MONSTER in the afternoon. I was talking to my mom on the phone and asked if I was a bad kid. Of course ;) she said no and I asked why I deserved a toddler that was constantly trying my patience! Her answer was simple yet profound. She said, Courtney, he's two! Give the kid a break and let him be a kid. So he spit water on the floor, make him clean it up, explain that it is not acceptable and let him go. You can spend an hour fighting with him and being grumpy not only about the water but about the fact that he won't stay in the corner and when he does he cries the entire time or you can spend 55 minutes enjoying your kids!
Lesson learned: pick and choose your battles. In the overall picture, I should be grateful he is only dumping water on the floor and not trying to smother his sister!
So, I've tried this. Along with when it is time for discipline he knows that I am serious and I FOLLOW THROUGH, our days have gone so much better! I find myself enjoying my kids more and not stressing as much about the trivial things of life. I know that I definitely don't have perfect children but being two isn't all bad! And having two (or more) is even better!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment