Monday, February 23, 2009

Toddler Agression

Those who know McKay hopefully think of him of just a big teddy bear. He's large and in charge, but he's also friendly and helpful. Lately, though, he's decided to push down any kid close to his size. Not only that, he likes to push them down and then sit/lay on top of them and not get up so they can't move.

Any suggestions on curbing this behavior? Spence used to hug kids until they fell over, but I don't remember a major pushing streak (other than the backing Logan into the corner while swinging at him incident).

Help!

5 comments:

The Turleys said...

Not sure if you're a fan of "Time outs", but that has worked for both of our boys. (minute per age) We use the Super Nanny time out method, and seems to work pretty good. Also what about if he has a special toy, blanky, or something like that, that you could tell him, "if you sit on our friends, then blanky will have to get put away" If that makes sense. Good luck! Hopefully it will pass, but I wouldn't act mad, I would act sad when he does sit on someone! Oh, the joys of parenting!

Cam and Chelle said...

At least he's a total cutie! I'd love it if a cute boy had ever sat on me!! Sorry, I have no advice, but we think McKay is a total babe!

Claydens said...

chrissy, I think that you are tiny enough that you could sit on him every time you see him do that! Seriously though, I'm with Jenna, I love super nanny's method. For Reese it's all about consistency.

The Boring Family said...

I know everyone thinks I was a little extreme, but when I got to the end of my rope with Morgan's aggression, I did some research and I seriously have not had one single issue since I took her off of dairy. It's absolutely FABULOUS and she loves rice milk! If you want more info, let me know. Good luck! Oh, and I agree with Micelle...McKay is a cutie!

k.young said...

Chrissy, will you send me an invite to your family blog? I have been trying to get a hold of you! Thanks. katabing@hotmail.com